Friday, April 24, 2009

Books I'm Reading

I have a friend, from my wedding list, and she belongs to a local book club. She posts often about what is on her nightstand, or playing in her vehicle. I often read her reviews, and head to my local library to check out what she's been reading... and more :D

So I'm trying to read 40 books in 2009. I should read 3.3 books a month. We are almost done April, and this is what I have read so far:

Confessions of A Shopaholic
Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
Shopaholic & Sister
Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Shopaholic and Baby
Obsessed - Ted Dekker
*The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - John Boyne
The Shack
*The Hiding Place - Corrie ten Boom
*Against Medical Advice - James Patterson with Hal Friedman (?)
The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
*One Red Paperclip
*He Chose the Nails - Max Lucado
*The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The books marked with an * are excellent reads. I haven't read one yet that I don't like, but the others are just a decent read.
On my nightstand are:
*****
Kiss - about half done
The Total Money Makeover - take 2 LOL
The Zoo Keeper's Wife

Do you have any reading suggestions? Leave some comment
love, and I will draw a name for a RAK!! Deadline to
comment is April 30th.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I didn't love The Shack either.
I did love The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield and The Shadow in the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafòn